Accutron Astronaut Limited Edition
Posted by wristwatch on November 1, 2007
Invaluable equipment for high-flying travelers for over half a century, GMT movements offer effortless dual time zone precision with a 24-hour scale as well as an independent 12-hour reading. Inspired by a landmark design of the early-1960s, Accutron’s Astronaut, featuring the superb ETA 2893-2 automatic, mechanical 21-jewel GMT movement, celebrates timekeeping innovation in a distinguished limited edition, each individually numbered and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity to indicate its position in a single, controlled-production run of 1,000.
Swiss made, with a dedicated, red-tipped 24-hour hand and anodized 24-hour bezel ring scale, this unique stainless steel timepiece includes a domed sapphire crystal, luminous hands and markers, locking deployment buckle closure, water resistance to 100 meters, and a four-screw exhibition caseback etched with the signature endorsement of legendary astronaut, Buzz Aldrin.
* Movement: ETA Cal. 2893-2 21 jewels Swiss Automatic.
* Movement Features: Accutron skeleton rotor.
* Functions: Second Time Zone indicator. Date calendar, window display.
* Case: Combination satin/polished finish. Solid 316L Stainless steel.
* Bezel: Duo-Directional rotating, ratcheted, 24 hour.
* Crystal: Sapphire. Raised. Made to look like the raised acrylic style of the 60`s model.
* Dial: Black color. Applied polished Silver color markers. Luminous 5 minute markers/dots.
* Hands: Steel color. Luminous filled. Dauphine style.
* Case Back: Observation crystal. Screw-down style ( threaded ).
* Band: Combination satin/polished finish. Solid 316L stainless steel.
* Water Resistance: 100m/330ft /10atm.
* Case Size: 40.00mm. 12.00mm.
* Other: Comes in a very exquisite and unique presentation box. Worldwide quantity produced of only:. 1000pc.