Zenith Grande Class Traveller Open Multicity
Posted by wristwatch on October 27, 2007
The Grande Class Open this year faced a new challenge, a complication capable of showing the time simultaneously in 24 different locations in the world: Tokyo, Paris, New York and even Hong Kong at a glance. Thanks to a rotating disk anchored by the hour hand, it is possible to tell the time in any time zone and, in addition, determine whether it is night or day with the help of the sun or the star pictured on the disk. This is easily done by setting the city you are in at twelve noon and activating the crown situated at 11 o’clock.
Moreover, the Grande Class Traveller Open Multicity has a Grande Date with a three-disk patented exclusive mechanism that enables the date to be displayed very visibly occupying minimal calibre space.
To these technical features we have added a totally unique design displaying the cities on a spiral, giving the dial a sophisticated aesthetic in contrast with the sober 46 mm case. It is available in two versions: rose gold – classical and precious – as well as the more modern stainless steel. And of course a sapphire glass caseback, integrated black crocodile strap, triple folding clasp and the well known love for detail that is typical of all Zenith timepieces.
* Caliber : El Primero 4037
* Automatic chronograph movement with grande date
* 13“` caliber. Diameter : 30.50 mm. Height : 9.05 mm. 351 components.
* 36’000 vibrations per hour
* Power reserve over 50 hours
* 43 jewels
* Measures short time intervals to a 10th of a second
* Automatic winding in both directions
* Central rotor on ball bearings
* 22-carat gold or heavy metal oscillating weight with “Grain d’Orge” guilloché pattern
* Hours and minutes in the center
* Small seconds-hand at 9 o’clock
* Center seconds-hand
* 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock
* Power Reserve indicator in the center
* Grande Date over 2 o’clock with instantaneous double jump
* 24 Time-zone system with day/night indicator
* Case : Rose gold or Stainless Steel case
* Stainless Steel ZENITH push buttons and crowns
* Diameter : 46 mm / Diameter opening : 38 mm
* Curved sapphire glass with anti-reflection treatment on both sides
* Transparent sapphire case back
* Water-resistance up to 50 meters
* Dial : Silvered “Grain d’Orge” guilloché dial.
* Open dial at 10 o’clock showing the heart of El primero 4037 Caliber
* Hand-mounted applique arabic numerals and indexes
* Hands : Faceted hands in rose gold or ruthenium
* Strap : Integrated handmade black alligator leather strap lined with silky Alzavel calfskin
* Buckle : Rose Gold or Stainless Steel triple folded buckle with ZENITH star on the cap