Hublot Mag Bang
Posted by wristwatch on October 27, 2007
Hublot is to present an exclusive, unheard-of concept in the shape of its new Mag Bang. Not only is it the first time that a case and movement are being made in the same material and finish, but another world premiere is the use of Hublonium for each component! The whole piece is made entirely ‘in-house’ at Hublot.
The watchmaking house has developed this unique material by fusing magnesium and aluminium, among other things, to shed weight, while remaining robust, flexible and functional. It has called in specialists at the top of their game to design its movements and manufacture its bottom plates and bridges. And in order to fashion them, Hublot has equipped itself with new high-tech machinery.
Constantly in search of innovation, Hublot has just succeeded in a challenge that gives it a certain autonomy. The perfect coherence of the watch is expressed in the 3 Ms of its design: ‘mono-material, monochrome, microblasted’. The uniform, matt finish, to which the microblasted finish lends a very special radiance, can be found in the components both inside and out, which is what helps to make this model an exceptional work of art.
The incredible performance achieved by Hublot represents the culmination of state-of-the-art research fused with traditional watchmaking skills and avant-garde technology. The Geneva watchmaking house has thus designed a new Big Bang true to its history of pure design and raw lines. And in order to acquire added weightlessness and greater harmony, innovation can even be seen right down to the strap’s buckle, which is fashioned in the same material as the movement and the case!
Toiling away behind the scenes on this achievement are a number of exceptional, experienced craftsmen, such as René Maillefer, Cédric Grandperret and Fausto Berizzi, men who have joined forces with Hublot in the research and development of new calibres. They share the skills, the dynamism and the energy required for the innovation, as well as a passion for the watchmaker’s art. These men and their values have made it possible to achieve what is a tremendous world premiere in the world of watchmaking.
* “Big Bang” diameter 44.5 mm in Hublonium
* Bezel : Hublonium with 6 H-shaped titanium screws, sunken, polished and blocked
* Crystal : Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection treatment, double face
* Bezel lugs : Black composite resin
* Side Inserts : Black composite resin
* Back : Titanium with sapphire crystal
* Crown : Steel with natural black rubber insert
* Push-pieces : Rectangular steel with natural black rubber insert
* Water-resistance : 100 m. or 10 ATM
* Dial : Titanium colour with vertical satin-finish rhodium-plated applique indices
* Hands : Faceted rhodium-plated with luminescent feature
* Mechanical chronograph with automatic winding
* Calibre Hublot : HUB44 developed in conjunction with La Joux-Perret
* No. of parts : 255
* Rubies : 27
* Bridges : Hublonium
* Screws : Black PVD
* Calendar : Trapezoid aperture at 4.30
* Oscillating weight : Titanium with dimpled surface treated in black PVD
* Bottom plate : Hublonium
* Barrel : With reinforced spring
* Escapement : Glucydur balance spring
* Power reserve : 42 hours
* Strap : Natural smooth rubber with engraved Hublot logo
* Clasp : Simple Ardillon buckle 2 loops, in Hublonium
* Limited Edition : 250 pieces individually numbered from 01/250 to 250/250
* Total weight : 78 g