Panerai Radiomir Black Seal Ceramic PAM00292
Posted by wristwatch on October 25, 2007
Radiomir was the first watch model created by Officine Panerai. A watch that crossed the history for the heroism characterising the value men who wore the Panerai at the beginning of the ’40. In that period this model presented for the first time some technical innovations which determined from the very beginning its character and its qualities: a case very easy to read, winding crown, screwed back and a strong cushion shape, but very simple at the meanwhile.
This model was the precursor of all the Panerai watchmaking, thanks to its basic and simple characteristics. The Radiomir feature became stronger along the time. Nowadays this model with sports and at the same time discrete shapes suits with technological and precious materials, fit to host high watchmaking movements.
At the 2007 SIHH Radiomir will not only host the P.2003 Calibre 10 days automatic GMT, but it will also the presented with he following new versions:
* Radiomir Black Seal, ceramic case, with the hand-wound movement OP XI;
* Radiomir Cronografo, steel case, with automatic movement.
To create this model, Neuchatel Manufacture watchmakers has now devised a completely new process: a high-tech treatment of isostatic pressure which enhances and improves its technical characteristics.
The result is interesting both from the technical point of view and from the purely aesthetic angle: the ceramic used is Zirconium Oxide and it is moulded from powder using a process of isostatic pressure (instead of being cast as is the normal practice). In this way all the positive features of this material are enhanced: its extreme durability (up to five times greater than 316L steel), its strong resistance to a wide range of temperatures, and the fact that when worn for long periods the watch does not become scratched, damaged or corroded.
Also, ceramic formed in this way takes on a more homogenous appearance than that resulting from the which is the traditional method of casting the material.
* Movement : Hand-wound mechanical Panerai OPXI movement
* 17 jewels
* Monometallic Glucydur®balance with Nivarox® balance spring
* 21,600 alternations/ hour
* Incabloc® anti-shock device
* Power reserve 56 hours
* COSC Chronometer Certificate
* Case : Ceramic
* 45 mm in diameter
* Removable wire loop strap attachments in steel with special hard black coating
* Winding crown in ceramic personalised OP
* Back : Screw steel with special hard black coating
* Dial : Black
* Sandwich construction
* Luminous Arabic numerals
* Seconds at 9 o’clock
* Torpedo reproduced at 6 o’clock
* Crystal : Anti-reflective sapphire
* 2.2 mm thick
* Water-resistance : To 100 metres
* Strap : Black leather and steel buckle with special hard black coating
* Production : 1,000 units