Chanel J12 GMT Automatic
Posted by wristwatch on October 25, 2007
The new “J12” GMT automatic watch, created by Jacques Helleu and produced in the Chanel watchmaking workshops in la Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland, is for the big-time travelers. GMT or Greenwich Mean Time function gives the time in two different time zones of the world simultaneously. The new ultra-flat watchcase design and the large dial give the GMT watch a chic and sporty look, combining comfort and refinement.
The new “J12” is specifically aimed at the needs of globetrotters, simultaneously displaying the time in two different time zones: the local time in the zone visited, which is shown on the main dial, and the home time, which is shown on the 24-hour calibrated bezel. The hour is indicated by the additional chrome-plated hour hand featuring a red arrow for perfect readability.
All watch functions (both time zones and date) are adjusted by a single crown. With greater wearer comfort in mind, the “J12” GMT’s watchcase is ultra-flat, being only 10mm thick in comparison to the “J12” Chronograph which is 14mm thick.
Aiming at ergonomic perfection, the watch is equipped with a new thinner and shorter automatic triple-folding buckle.
Both elegant and practical and conceived to be the ideal traveling companion, the “J12” GMT is entirely made from unalterable black ceramic.
The globetrotter’s dream, “J12” GMT opens yet another new chapter in the history of fine watchmaking at Chanel.
* Swiss-made in the Chanel watchmaking workshops in la Chaux-de-Fonds.
* Swiss automatic movement – 42-Hour power reserve
* 28 800 alternances per hour
* 21 rubies
* Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment.
* Water-resistance : 100 meters.
* Black ceramic, unscratchable, stain-resistant, and structurally stable. Used in advance high-tech industries, with a hardness factor of 9, second to diamonds with 10 on the Mohs scale.
* Watch-hands and indexes superluminova-coated and phosphorescent in the dark.
* GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) = Two time zones
* Local time, in the location visited, displayed on the main dial.
* Home time, in the place of origin, displayed on the 24-Hour calibrated bezel and indicated by the additional GMT hour-hand.
* Diameter: 42mm
* Thickness: 10mm