Posted by wristwatch on October 10, 2007
Essential equipment for the vertically inclined, the Suunto Core is the professional benchmark for ABC wristops.
You look up and see stars. But your Suunto Core sees an approaching squall. And it tells you with the Storm Alarm – one of several intelligent features that can help you make consistently good decisions. Building on the success of the venerable Suunto Vector, the Suunto Core keeps you informed with an accurate altimeter, barometer, digital thermometer, Weather Trend Indicator and digital compass.
The pressure gauge operates in four distinct modes, including an automatic setting that senses your movement or lack thereof, switching between altimeter and barometer accordingly. The compass features a rotating bezel for traditional use, or a one-touch function that allows you to sight, lock and follow a bearing. Daily functions include dual time, date, alarm, sports chronograph and predicted times for sunrise and sunset.
* Altimeter: Difference Measurement / Start from 0, Logbook, Automatic Mode
* Barometer: Storm Alarm, Weather Trend Indicator, Weather Graph
* Compass: Rotating Bezel, Digital Bearing, Easy Calibration
* Depth Measurement: Max. Depth 30 ft/10 m
* Watch: Sunrise/Sunset Time, Dual Time, Countdown
* Other: Button Lock, 4 Language Menu
* Models: Light Black, Black Orange, Alu Brown, Light Green, Black Yellow and Steel Steel