Casio Oceanus Manta OCW-S1050J and OCW-S1100PJ
Posted by wristwatch on October 5, 2007
Casio just announced that they are releasing 2 new Manta models from the extremely popular Oceanus line. Both will be sold in limited quantities during launch, which will be on October 13th for the OCW-S1050J and November 30th for the OCW-S1100PJ. The Manta is in my opinion the slimmest radio wave/solar powered watch. Everyone will agree with me when I say that the design is a hybrid of a sporty and dress watch, conservative enough to be a dress watch and busy enough to be considered a sport watch. The Oceanus line is actually promoted as a yachting watch, hence the name Oceanus. Some of the older models even have a tide indicator.
The OCW-S1050J will have a sapphire crystal bezel. This will mean that the bezel will be extremely scratch resistant, only diamonds will be able to dent it. Another advantage will the the gloss, even after years of wear the watch will look brand new. The Sapphire dial crystal will also be curved, which will improve visibility in daylight. Overall, this will be an improvement in the build and material quality over the existing Manta models. This will be the most expensive Manta model to date.
The OCW-S1100PJ is the Transpacific Yacht Race 2007 commemorative model. It will be limited to only 500 pieces. The Transpacific Yacht Race is the world’s foremost yacht race, of which Oceanus is an official sponsor. This model will have gold highlights on the dial and bezel. The serial numbers will be stamped on the buckle and the back cover.
* Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan)
* Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
* Auto receive function (6 times per day)
* Manual receive function
* Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60
* Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz
* Tough Solar Power
* 5 bar Water Resistant
* World Time
* 29 times zones (27 cities)
* Daily Alarm
* 1/20 second chronograph
* Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
* Accuracy: +/-20 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
* Power reserve of 24 months at full charge
* Power Saving Function
* OCW-S1050J size 45.8 × 42.2 × 10.7 mm weight 85g
* OCW-S1100PJ Size 45.8 × 42.2 × 10.5 mm weight 88g