Posted by wristwatch on October 2, 2007
Breitling adds a new multifunction electronic chronograph named Airwolf to its Professional line. A concentrated blend of performances and efficiency, designed with and for aviation professionals.
A recognized leader in mechanical chronographs, Breitling has also asserted itself as a pioneer in electronic timepieces. In order to offer pilots its finest technology, the brand with the winged B has now created a new wrist instrument exclusively featuring the functions most directly useful to them: alarm, 1/100th of a second chronograph with split and add times, countdown, dual timezone with independent alarm, UTC and perpetual calendar. Handling of these functions is designed to be logical, simple and direct. Airwolf is indeed a model of efficiency in all respects. Focusing on ergonomics with the new curved chronograph pushpieces. Focusing on legibility with oversized hands and NVG-compatible display backlighting. Focusing on precision and reliability with the SuperQuartz™ movement, chronometer-certified by the COSC.
While the new Airwolf chronograph has a highly distinctive face with its two digital displays, applied numerals and hour-markers and its bezel adorned with a windrose, the most original detail is to be found on the caseback. This turbine-shaped construction, serving as a resonance chamber for the alarm and the other audible indications, is a marvel of micromechanical engineering. Each of its 24 blades has been cut out with extreme precision and then hand-assembled and fusion-soldered. A double caseback system guarantees perfect water resistance to 50 meters.
In a nod towards Breitling’s aeronautical vocation, this motif evoking a jet engine is subtly echoed in the dial decoration. The famous Breitling rack-and-pinion mounted slide-rule ensures optimal read-off precision. Whether in the generous case dimensions, sophisticated dial details or the finishing of its fluted bezel, the entire design of the Airwolf reflects the perfect melding of form and function, technique and style. The result is a new top-flight chronograph that is bound to appeal to fans of prowess and performance.
* Movement : Thermo-compensated electronic quartz, SuperQuartz™, Breitling calibre 78, COSC-certified chronometer
* 12hours/24hours analogue display and digital LCD
* Function : Hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph to 1/100th of a second (intermediary and additional times), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), perpetual calendar, 2nd time zone, alarm, count-down
* Case : Steel, 43.5 mm
* Bidirectional rotating bezel with pinions (slide rule) with compass
* Double-sided, anti-reflective sapphire crystal
* Water-resistant to 50 metres
* Dial : 2 digital displays Jet engine motif, applique numerals and hour markers
* Back-lighted (NVG compatible)
* Bracelet/Strap : Barenia leather, crocodile, Diver Pro in rubber, or steel Professional bracelet
Av. de la Gare 5
1003 Lausanne – Switzerland
Tél : +41 21 329 00 39
Fax: +41 21 329 00 42
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org