CX Swiss Military Watch™ Argonaut 1000
Posted by wristwatch on September 29, 2007
A truly remarkable blend of technological mastery and ingenuity, the ARGONAUT 1000 from CX Swiss Military Watch™ will both attract and captivate. Comfortable, resolutely sporty and highly functional, this timekeeper has been styled on the brand’s previous model, the 12,000 FEET, a record-breaking watch water-resistant to 3,657 metres. Built for extreme diving conditions and 100% reliable, the ARGONAUT 1000 has the robustness for which the brand’s models are recognized and will be a steadfast companion for all those fascinated by the breathtaking magic of the ocean’s depths.
The name ARGONAUT 1000 recalls a mythical tale that is both intriguing and fascinating. In Homer’s account, Jason is the leader of a band of fifty argonauts and captain of the Argo, an extraordinarily fast vessel. To recuperate the famous Golden Fleece which will enable him to become king, he has to brave winds and tempests, defy the hostilities of both men and gods, and overcome a fierce dragon as well as a great many other obstacles. Jason represents boldness, fearlessness, strength of character and confidence, all qualities expressed by the impressive ARGONAUT 1000.
Fascinating because of the extraordinary exploits it recalls, the ARGONAUT 1000 is characterised above all by its technical feats. Water-resistant to 100 ATM (1000 metres), this exceptional automatic chronograph meets the highest precision standards set by the COSC. Not only is it designed for the most hostile environments, like the ocean’s abyssal zones, it is also equipped with a helium release valve, a technical feature that ensures the timepiece’s astonishing robustness and prevents any deterioration due to overpressure. As for its design, it conjures up the worlds of extreme sport and distinguished elegance, masterfully combining the practical with the aesthetic.
Such endless ingenuity and creativity define the brand’s identity. Backed by considerable expertise in traditional craftsmanship and setting great store by the latest technology, CX Swiss Military Watch™ , a brand of Montres Charmex SA, is committed to developing its versatility and audacity and realising its dreams. With an eye firmly on the future while drawing on its past, it smoothly combines art and science, genius and performance. Authentic and independent, it has built a reputation for exclusive timepieces destined for the most exacting sportsmen, ambitious athletes who live their lives with purpose and passion.
It is for the most fearless of these that CX Swiss Military Watch™ makes its exceptional divers’ watches. Deservedly mentioned in the Guinness Book of Records for its astonishing 12,000 FEET, the brand continues to produce watches that astound, excite and impress the most knowledgeable of connoisseurs.
* COSC-certified Valjoux 7750 ETA calibre automatic chronograph
* 25 rubies, 28,800 vib/hour
* 48-hour power reserve
* Etachron index-assembly, Glucydur balance, Nivaflex mainspring, Incabloc shock–absorber
* Hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph, date
* Chronograph with hour, minute and small seconds counters at 6, 12 and 9 o’clock respectively
* 316L stainless steel, 46 mm in diameter, 20 mm thick, weight 315 grams
* Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
* Unidirectional rotating bezel, divided into 60 minutes, Superluminova hour-markers
* Extra-large crown with lateral protection, designed for diving with gloves
* Screw-down push-pieces and crown
* Screw-done back, engraved and individually numbered (limited edition)
* Push-pieces with security marking (red when unscrewed)
* Helium release valve
* Water-resistant to 1,000 metres, certified
* Silvered, black, blue or yellow
* Superluminova hour-markers
* Counters with sunray decoration
* Slightly oversized minute hand
* Hands with Superluminova
* Red chronograph hands for improved legibility
* 316L stainless steel strap
* Additional natural leather strap & extension for diving in a dry suit (wrist circumference up to 35 cm)
* Safety folding clasp and integrated extension link
* ISO 764 anti-magnetic
* Limited edition of 200 pieces.