TAG Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymetre
Posted by wristwatch on September 11, 2007
The “Carrera Panamericana” was an epic race that was started in the 1950s and attracted many of the leading drivers of the time. Juan Manuel Fangio, the famous Argentinian driver who was Formula 1 World Champion five times, won the race in 1953. To pay tribute to this unique adventure, in 1963 TAG Heuer launched the Carrera Chronograph that combined refinement with the spirit of sport. It was an immediate success. It has been modernised but still retains its sober elegance. The Carrera perfectly embodies the vibrant memory of the era of “Gentleman drivers.”
* TAG Heuer Caliber 16 automatic chronograph movement.
* Black, silver, blue or brown dial with 3 counters (hours at 6 o’clock, small seconds at 9 o’clock, minutes at 12 o’clock). Date at 3 o’clock. Circled counters at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock
* Luminescent diamond-set hands to facilitate legibility. Hand-applied indexes. Monochrome TAG Heuer logo (appliquéd logo on the gold-steel version). CARRERA inscription.
* Steel bracelet with 5 rows of alternating finishes (central link in 18K gold on the gold-steel version). Also available with black perforated or brown rubber or calfskin strap.Case: 41 mm in polished steel.
* Case back with a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass.
* Fixed bezel with tachymetre (bezel with 18K solid gold circle on the gold-steel version)
* Water-resistant to 50 meters.
* Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal.
* Fluted crown for easier handling. Identical to the original model.
* Solid folding clasp with safety pushbuttons.