Omega Seamaster NZL-32 Chronograph
Posted by wristwatch on September 3, 2007
The OMEGA Seamaster NZL-32 combines elegance with functionality. Designed for the regatta, this attractive watch is also a high-precision instrument capable of measuring performance to one-eighth of a second. This new model, with its carefully designed aesthetics and readability, is sure to appeal to America’s Cup fans as well as the wider public.
Particular attention was paid to the key needs of the skipper and his crew during a regatta. The “start of the regatta” function clearly indicates the ten minutes preceding the starting signal by means of a special five-dot indicator. The dots gradually fill with a different colour ? first blue, then red ? as each successive five-minute period elapses. The OMEGA calibre 3602 self-winding movement is chronometer-certified and has a 40-hour power reserve.
The silver and black dial has applied, facetted hour markers, with luminous dots above each. A recessed black counter with a silver surround at 3 o’clock gives a clear overview of the total minutes that have elapsed, with blue and red markings to indicate the two five-minute periods leading up to the start. The smaller hour counter is placed at 12 o’clock. A discreet small seconds counter is situated at 9 o’clock. For maximum readability, the skeleton hour and minute hands are coated with Super-LumiNova, and the hands of the chronograph counters are red.
The polished and brushed stainless steel case has the distinctive shape and characteristic horns of the Seamaster line. The push buttons are on the left at 8 and 10 o’clock, giving the chronograph a balanced, harmonious appearance. A seahorse, which is the symbol of the Seamaster collection, is stamped on the case back. The case has a screw-in back and crown, ensuring water resistance to a depth of 150 metres (500 feet).
The chronograph is available with either a brushed stainless steel bracelet or a black rubber strap with white stitching and a fold-over clasp.
* Calibre 3602 Chronograph
* Self-winding movement
* Power reserve : 40 hours
* Frequency : 28.800 A/h
* Officially certified chronometer
* Regatta start display
* Polished and brushed stainless steel case
* Diameter: 42.20 mm
* Total Height: 15.60 mm
* Between lugs: 21 mm
* Water-resistance: 150 m / 500 ft
* Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
* Screw-in crown and case back
* Chronograph push-buttons on the left side of the case
* Start/stop function activated with the push-button at 8 o’clock
* Silver Dial with rhodium-plated indexes and external black zone with white minute track
* Hour counter at 12 o’clock, minute counter at 3 o’clock with blue and red zone, regatta and small seconds counter at 9 o’clock
* Facetted rhodium-plated hour and minute hands coated with Super-LumiNova
* Rhodium-plated seconds hand coated with Super-LumiNova and red tip
* Rhodium-plated and red chronograph hands
* Ref.: 2513.30.00 : Brushed stainless steel bracelet with safety clasp
* Ref.: 2813.30.81 : Black rubber strap with white stitches and a foldover clasp