TAG Heuer SLR CAG2110.FC6209
Posted by wristwatch on August 19, 2007
Following the extraordinary success of the TAG Heuer SLR Chronograph Calibre 36R in 2004 (available exclusively for owners of the SLR car), and the TAG Heuer SLR for Mercedes-Benz in 2006, TAG Heuer presents an even stronger version for 2007. The new TAG Heuer SLR for Mercedes-Benz, in a limited edition of 3,500, celebrates not only one of the world’s most powerful and exclusive sports cars, but also the long and fruitful alliance between TAG Heuer, McLaren and Mercedes-Benz. Its avant-garde design embodies the common values shared by these brands: prestige, innovation, and, of course, a passion for car racing. The new edition of the Chronograph has captured some of the most distinctive design elements of the latest version of the SLR Dream Machine, the famous SLR 722 edition powered by a 650 ps engine and reaching 337 km/h: the painted exposed black carbon front spoiler and palladium-grey wheels rim spider have inspired the titanium-carbide black tachymeter bezel, while the red SLR lettering and red-painted brake callipers are echoed by the red painted hands. Like the SLR 722, the new TAG Heuer SLR for Mercedes breathes more strength and pedigree than ever before.
The SLR’s innovative tradition continues with push buttons inclined at 45° (inspired by the paddle shifter of the SLR car), giving unparalleled ergonomic access to the chronograph function even while driving. The internal turning bezel is bi-directional, driven by a second crown at 9 o’clock that allows the driver to measure elapsed or remaining racing time. The exterior fixed bezel is finished in black fine-brushed titanium carbide with engraved tachymeter scale for calculating speeds.
Aimed at watch making connoisseurs and car racing fans, the new TAG Heuer SLR for Mercedes-Benz blends pure performance with the avant-garde. Its unique race car features, coupled with easy-to-read hands, spiral-effect dial, and a powerful steel bracelet or rubber strap that mirrors the SLR side grill, enhance its racing legitimacy, making it “the most authentic Chronograph for Professional Race Drivers and high profile GT owners on today’s watch market.”
* Movement: Caliber 17 automatic chronograph based on an ETA 2894 movement personalized by TAG Heuer.
* Glass: sapphire crystal, renowned for its hardness and scratch-resistance, with an anti-reflective coating on both sides.
* Case: polished/satin alternating finishing for elegance and ergonomic curves. Dimensions: imposing diameter of 45.10 mm.
* Dial: hand-applied double-faceted indexes. 2 hand-applied polished and faceted circles around the counters.
* Tachymetre bezel: fixed bezel with a tachymetre scale to calculate speeds. Unidirectional flange rotating under the effect of the second rotating crown at 9 o’clock to measure time limits.
* Crowns: 2 polished fluted crowns, at 3 o’clock engraved SLR and at 9 o’clock with stamped TAG Heuer logo.
* Case back: engraved SLR and Limited Edition.
* Pushbuttons: pushbuttons located on the top of the caseband ergonomically integrated into its curve at 45°, thanks to a TAG Heuer patented return rocking system.
* Bracelet: black alligator strap fully integral with the case.
* Clasp: with secure folding clasp preventing accidental opening, while being simple to use by simply pressing sideways on the pushbuttons.
* Water resistance: 100m.