Panerai Radiomir Black Seal Automatic 45mm PAM00287
Posted by wristwatch on August 13, 2007
Created in 1938 for the Royal Italian Navy as the first Panerai watch, the Radiomir was characterized by its large size and water-resistant case, the legibility of the dial in immersion, its robustness in extreme use conditions, a reliable movement. Presented in 1997 in the Replica version, an edition limited to 60 units, the Radiomir became a rarity much sought after by collectors throughout the world for the restrained elegance of its design, with its cushion case, wire loop strap attachments and for the technical features of the used mechanisms: reliable haute horlogerie movements. Originally welded to the case, today the strap attachments are fixed by an exclusive system of screws (patented), developed by Panerai, which makes it very easy to change the strap.
The contemporary Radiomir collection is composed of the Radiomir Black Seal® Automatic, the Radiomir GMT-Alarm, the Radiomir Chronograph and the Radiomir Chrono Rattrapante.
The Radiomir Black Seal® Automatic inherits the historic model’s stricking personality; it is a – time only – watch of generous size (45 mm) made from AISI 316L steel. This format more in keeping with contemporary trends, celebrates the elegance of the design and the slenderness of the cushion-shaped case, which combines structural robustness, confirmed by water-resistance to 100 metres, with the screw-down winding crown and back. This model is equipped with the calibre OPIII, an automatic mechanical movement whose finish is reinforced by its Côtes de Genève decoration. It features on its black dial Arabic numerals and luminous hour markers, with continuous seconds at 9 o’clock, a stylistic detail which is part of Panerai’s DNA.
* Movement: automatic mechanical, Panerai OP III calibre, 13¼ lignes, 21 jewels. Côtes de Genève decoration on the bridges. PANERAI personalised oscillating * weight. Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 42 hours. Chronometer Certificate (C.O.S.C.).
* Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
* Case: diameter 45 mm, polished steel with removable wire loop strap attachments (patented). Winding crown personalized OP.
* Bezel: polished steel.
* Back: screw, steel.
* Crystal: sapphire, made from corundum, 1.9 mm thick, magnifying lens at 3 o’clock. Anti-reflective coating.
* Water-resistance: 100 metres.
* Strap: Panerai personalised alligator strap and polished steel adjustable buckle.